Monday, August 13, 2012

I know it's been a while..... again.  I've been so busy and since I wasn't in a steady classroom I just didn't have too much to say.

As the end of the school year was beginning to hit I still had no job for the summer/fall.  A desperate attempt through Facebook landed me a summer job as a camp counselor and since I was dying to move out I quickly jumped on the opportunity to move to New Orleans!  As luck would have it, the day I began moving in I also landed an interview at a private school in the New Orleans area.  I have fallen absolutely, positively in love with my new home!

I started out as lead Kindergarten counselor at the camp, but weeks into camp groups had to be split and combined so the last couple weeks of camp I was also with Pre-Kindergarten.

A walk through a typical week at camp:
Monday- Color Wars (relay races)
Tuesday- Water Day
Wednesday- Rotations (crafts, music, cooking/science, outdoor recreation, & bible story)
Thursday- Field Trip
Friday- Water Day

Here are some pictures I've taken (children not pictured):
Brandi helping me check out at Winn Dixie LCM
Street Car Conductor at LCM

Petting zoo came to camp! Loved the piggies!

Trip to Global Wildlife

Swinging with PJ

Water Day
Biscuit pizza made on cooking day
Me, Katy, and Brandi at Storyland

My favorite! For 4th of July we made handprint flag t-shirts!
Bottom right, Brandi, Katy, & I had to show off our awesomeness.

I think I had more fun at summer camp than my 26 sweet kiddos did.  Since camp ended I'm on my 3rd week of vacation.   On Friday I will begin working with the 2 1/2 & 3 year olds at a private school close by.  I am super pumped!

Stick around, I promise many updates with stories of my babies when school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment