Monday, August 10, 2015

Catching Up!

Where has the time gone?  One post I was catching everyone up on summer camp, the next I'm entering my fourth year of teaching (finally as a lead teacher).  

Let me catch everyone up on the past three years:
2012-2013 + 2013-2014 I was assistant in Green Birds -- 2 1/2 turning 3 by December/January

2014-2015 I was assistant in Red Birds -- 3 1/2 turning 4 before May

2015-2016 I will be lead in Red Birds

I have done so much over the past couple of years, including: joining Junior League of New Orleans, becoming more active in the local alumnae chapter of Chi Omega, and babysitting so I haven't had as much time to even think about keeping up with this blog.  As I have been working my booty off trying to change classrooms and get things the way I've envisioned I realized it is probably time to continue.

Moving on... My first year in Red Birds I was lucky enough to have the biggest classroom so I was able to change out centers more often.  I changed dramatic play and sensory table every month and the kids L.O.V.E.D it.  This year I wasn't so lucky space-wise, but my storage area WOW! I could live in my closet its so big.  Setting up my classroom has been a challenge, but luckily I have very helpful/creative friends. For example, found this super cute idea on Pinterest for a cupcake birthday display here.  My sweet, creative co-worker helped me take this precious thing a step further.  We turned the background into a larger cupcake!



I am beyond excited about how adorable it came out!  We used some felt, spray glue, glitter, & confetti.  It was so much fun.  I used acrylic paint to paint the popsicle stick candles, and Jo covered toilet paper rolls in duct tape (she is GENIUS when it comes to duct taping). 
As far as the rest of my classroom goes, I still have two weeks to get it in order.  I've got my centers defined, toys cleaned, and everything is almost ready to go.  Can't wait to start sharing all the fun Red Birds get into this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment